COBRA has existed since 1986, however when it is combined with Medicare, confusion still reigns.
Should you offer COBRA to someone on Medicare? How long should they be on COBRA? COBRA requires numerous date tracking, but which ones are most important when Medicare is involved?
In addition to knowing these answers, employers should understand five primary issues when dealing with COBRA and Medicare:
- Offering COBRA to individuals on Medicare
- Measuring the initial COBRA period
- Medicare as a second qualifying event for COBRA
- Who is the primary and secondary payer
- Medicare as a COBRA event
On Wednesday, December 12, Infinisource released a webinar that reviewed these confusing issues and provided additional resources. If you were unable to attend and would like to listen to this free webinar, register today to receive a link to the recording.